Everyone loves to read a blog and it's even better when you know a little bit about the people behind the blog! Seeing as we're quite new to the blogging world we thought we'd do weekly life update posts about little things that are happening in our lives. Hopefully, thoughout these post you'll be able to get to know us a little bit more! I hope you enjoy reading.
Things That Have Made Me Happy This Week:
- Family Time. We love spending time with our family. We all had dinner out and I had to take a photo of my ice cream desert! Being twins we are very close and go everywhere together anyway but it's great spending time with mum and dad.
- Shopping for new clothes. I love shopping but going out on the hunt for snuggly, furry jumpers and winter boots makes clothes shopping even better. We've recently got some great bits from Forever 21, H&M and Primark. I love the colder weather too as long as I'm keeping warm!
- Overcoming Social Anxiety. This is something we've both had to deal with for years. Each day is a battle with our anxiety but we keep pushing through it each day. Until a couple of months ago, we were both completely house bound because we had a 'fear' of everyday life like paying at tills or going outside without our mum or dad. This is a topic I'd like to write a post about because I'd like to help people. We suffer with other mental illnesses but anxiety is something that is always overlooked. It is possible to recover from social anxiety and raising awareness is something I'd want to do. We both struggle but it does get easier. The first step is always the hardest. We now go out each day by ourselves, pay for new clothes and go to town on the bus. We feel more normal. I used to be so scared of doing these things; something you wouldn't really understand if you didn't suffer. It isn't just shyness, it's an overwhelming fear of social situations. Social anxiety led us to be home-schooled. So, this week I realised how far we've both came and it's made me really proud of myself! Onwards and upwards now! :)
- Autumn. This week I've really saw Autumn creep upon us and I absolutely love it! It's so much better than summer. I almost feel like Christmas is here too. I always get excited too early, haha!
- Halloween is almost here! I saw pumpkins in the shops this week for the first time this year and it's made me really start thinking about Halloween. We can't wait to start carving pumpkins.
Hope you've like our first post about our lives this week! What's made you happy this week?
Leah and Rachel. x x x