Things We Have Learnt This Week -
1. Not all people are horrible. Okay, might sound stupid but we were bullied so badly in school that I actually hated people and I had to be homed schooled due to anxiety. I thought everyone was going to pick on me, laugh at me, hate me for being quiet for the rest of my life. It was so sad and I remember sitting aalone by myself all the time. Even now I have no friends because of my anxiety but for the past couple of weeks, I've realised not all people are going to be horrible to me. Most people are quite nice actually, haha! But I've been trying to be more social lately but going to drum lessons and talking more with others has made me realise that I've got to leave the past behind and move on with life. I can't let people that bullied me in school ruin how we both live now!
2. Social Anxiety gets better! Both me and Rachel never thought we'd go to drum lessons because I thought I'd die of a panic attack before I actually got in the room to learn. Oh, and because I don't have much experience with talking, I had no idea how to have a converstaion with someone! But guess what? We did it and now we're going to get some extra lessons on guitar! Once my social anxiety was so bad I never went outside the house but now I finally feel like me and Rach are getting more social. Obviously we suffer still but it gets better.
3. Buying clothes after not buying anything for a while is the best feeling ever. Before this week, I couldn't even the remember the last time I bought some clothes. But then I went on ASOS and broke my buying restriction and now I want to go crazy buying clothes haha! Clothes make me feel better though. The best therapy is retail therapy!
4. Cuddles with my dog Heidi cure sadness. My little Beagle/Jack Russell Heidi is our best friend in the whole entire world and no matter how low I feel, my little girl is always there for me and makes me laugh. And my older sister's dog, Megan, is such a great little comfort too!
5. Listening to 'softer' music is great too! We have both spent ages listening to rock/metal and of course, I listen to rock music ALL THE TIME. But Slipknot, Korn, Pantera aren't always relaxing when you feel anxious haha. I mean, they are my favourite bands - especially when I'm angry but I love listening to this band called Incubus too when I need music a little more rock than angry metal :)
Hope you liked this post! Have you learnt anything this week? Who is looking forward to ''The Following'' starting up again tomorrow? I am!
Leah and Rachel. x